Welcome to Year 1
- Miss Robson - Teacher
- Mrs Kennealy - Teaching Assistant
- PE lessons take place on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Reading books can be changed on the day specified on your child's record.
- Outdoor learning at least once every 2 week.
MyMaths and SPAG.com
Both will be set on a Friday, due the following Friday from the spring term.
Spellings set Thursday and tested the following Thursday (from October half term).
Talk4Writing - Fiction text – Three Little Pigs.
Grammar – Forming sentences correctly, adjectives, question marks and exclamation marks.
Positional and ordinal numbers
Numbers to 10 (addition and subtraction)
Who am I?
We will be going outside during different lessons, including maths and English.
History – Great Explorers .
Geography – The geography of where we live.
Weekly lesson with Mrs Deeley.
Art / Design Technology (DT):
Religious Education (RE):
Thanking God for Nature.
Physical Education (PE)/Games:*
Throwing and Catching / Games.
Trips and Special Events
Chiltern Open Air Museum – Thursday 4th November
Walk to Chorleywood Village - Date TBC
Practical ways to support your child’s learning
- Encourage your child to develop independence in practical organisational skills.
- Encourage the development of general knowledge through awareness of world and current affairs.
- Continue to hear your child read aloud on a regular basis.
- Encourage your child to make their own decisions in practical situations.
- Set practical tasks to enable your child to apply their learning to new contexts.